October 25, 2013

Twenty Eight

Last year I shared a few life lessons I had learned by my 27th birthday. 
1. Live in the moment. just take a breath and enjoy life doing daily task, driving to work and back, making dinner. don't rush through those little things, the laundry can wait (sometimes). enjoy being present in the moment.



2. Don't be afraid to ask for help. this was a huge lesson for me this year. HUGE. we all need help at some point in life and once you ask for it, you'll learn that people around you are more then willing to help. your loved ones will go above and beyond to help. it's very humbling.
3. Clean out the closet. if you haven't used it within the year, then you probably never will. sell it. give it. you'll notice how much better you'll feel once you get rid of the unnecessary. (philosophically speaking too)






Believe it or not, tomorrow will be my 28th birthday and I've learned just a little more about life.

1. Let it go.  Huge life lessons that I had to learn to just let things go. I was reading through quotes on Pinterest (of course!) with all these thoughts running through my mind and I crashed straight into this one "Have you prayed about it, as much as you've talked about it?" Its shut me up quick! Complaining isn't going to fix anything and venting helps relieve ourselves from the issue for only a moment but it's not until we pray and let it go, that we really begin to heal.



2. Trust in Him. For the past couple years I've been dealing with a health issue that I hope to one day be able to share on this blog, but I was getting fed up with it and doubting my faith early this year. I felt like I was waiting for too long for my healing or answers. I can't say when it was exactly, maybe through one of Pastor's preachings, but I got revelation. I was too busy waiting for my healing that I wasn't paying attention to lesson within the trial. It's not over yet, but my mindset is focused on the purpose of this. What has registered strong is that you can't truly understand someones trial unless you've been through it yourself. 

3. Don't Judge. We can be quick to judge and assume we know the person based on the outer appearance, but we don't know what's really going on. One time I was walking out of a Wal-Mart with my friend and ahead of us was 6 siblings around the ages of 3-10 years old. As they were racing to the bus stop with their parents, the oldest was opening a box of donuts and passing them around. Walking and eating can get messy so they were making a mess of it all as they ate their donuts. The friend that was with me thought they were messy kids and needed to be disciplined. I looked at my friend and told her "Maybe their parents can't afford donuts often so this is a huge treat for them and they're just too excited to wait until they get home..."  I smiled at them and didn't mind their messy faces because for some reason I was just as excited as they were. lol.


5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday, Adrienne!!!

I'll just say "Amen!" :)

Courtney Tarpley said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you have a great one:)

Adrienne said...

Thank you! Thank you!

Ms. Melissa Morris said...

Great post! So very true :). I just found your blog and I love it!

Adrienne said...

Thank Melissa! I hope it's not your last visit :)